Saturday 6 February 2021

Day : 6 - Book: 1. The Buddha And The Badass by Vishen Lakhiani

 

     Everyone in the world is unique and different in their own way. We have different passion, dream and desires in life but the biggest question here is “How to identify or find out our inner calling and passion”?

     The book “The Buddha And The Badass” by Vishen Lakhiani describes about a unique and special concept called “Uncover your soul print”. The quote by a thirteenth century poet Rumi illustrates about the connection between our soul and our inner calling in life.

Rumi said, “When I run after what I think I want,

My days are a furnace of distress and anxiety;

If I sit in my own place of patience,

What I need flows to me, and without any pain.

From this I understand that what I want also wants me,

Is looking for me and attracting me.

There is a great secret in this for anyone who can grasp it”.

    The concept of uncovering our soul print describes that just like each of us has a unique finger print we also have unique soul print. If the creator has designed us to be an artist but when we pursue something which does not suits with our inner calling we just fail even after multiple attempts. Here, it is essential to identify our soul print to make our life into a better one.

    Choose things which interest you and fills you with innate passion and happiness. We should listen to the voice of our soul to know more about our god given talents. We should observe our instincts because they will help us to know about our true self.

     Many of us in this world are running behind the things which we feel like we want them in our life but our real passion and desire might really be different from what we are currently doing in our life . Stand strong while working towards the right things in life.

     To be continued. Stay connected.

 

 

 

2 comments:

Laziness

  “Laziness is the mother of all evils.” —  Sophocles        Laziness is something that takes away all the beautiful time we have on this ...